Office of the Secretariat
The office of the Secretary is the general management arm of the University and provides the President the principal support and coordinates each department’s development and affairs. The office plays an important role in:
- performing public relations duties to build good images of the University; updating school development and humanities databases;
- enhancing knowledge management, division of labor and specialization; expending a number of programs and services at home and abroad to achieve holistic education;
- using a database to preserve historical data and regulate documents of record.
The main mission of the office is to hold the principle of holistic education, play a key role in communication and coordination, and be fully aware of secretarial duties. The future objectives are categorized as follows.
- General Affairs: (1) to delegate the authorities to the right level of officials; (2) to complete admission rationalization; (3) to provide more economic and efficient administrative services.
- Meetings: (1) to implement the monitoring and controlling systems; (2) to prefect regulations of the University.
- Public Relations: (1) to build a positive and an unique image of Chung Yuan Christian University; (2) to establish clear communication channels between the school and communities; (3) to enhance crisis management mechanism of the school.
The office of the Secretary consists of Audit Team, Center for Public Affairs, Center for School Improvement, Center of Arts, Center for Service and Learning, and Center for Joint Service Administration. A brief introduction to each unit/center is presented below.
The Auditing Division carries out services for Board of Regents and internal controls, and performs Internal Audits. The Auditing Division performs personnel, financial and compliance audits according to internal controls and internal audit implementation plans approved by the President. Common elements of an audit engagement include procedure, control point, forms, meeting minutes, measures, results of external audit/evaluation and trace of their improvement, major project auditing, etc.
Office of Public Affairs
The Office is responsible for media relations management, advertising plans, marketing, publication of the school bulletin The World of Chung Yuan, and visual designs. Our mission is to showcase Chung Yuan’s academic achievements and special educational ideology to parents and communities through different media channels like Internet and the school bulletin. It is hope that we can receive more supports and understanding from teachers, students and other relevant external parties through these channels and media relations. By opening up these windows to the public, the Office hopes to bring a positive image to the University.
Center for School Improvement
The mission and functions of the Center include efficiently extending relations with communities outside the University, achieving fundraising performance, and promoting project-based, large-scale and theme-based fundraising campaigns. The plan is to establish a donation investigation platform for a clear transparent mechanism of funding. The Center is also actively building partnerships and cooperation with alumni, industries and government institutions. It is hope that the University can receive supports and resources from students, alumni and society. We aim to recruit academic talents, develop power of knowledge, and foster national elites in order to cope with challenges brought by globalization and international higher education.
Center of Arts
The aims of the Center are:
1. to promote aesthetic education (i.e. to bring arts into our lives); to put holistic education into practice;
2. to develop art exhibitions and activities; to improve teachers’ and students’ humanistic quality;
3. to increase community art promotion; to integrate local cultural resources. The objectives are to (1) establish communication and dialogue between the university campus and art circles, (2) introduce professional exhibitions to the campus, (3) plan international arts festival, and (4) offer significant educational and diverse cultural opportunities -- where dialogue, the exchange of cultural and artistic ideas are encouraged. The purpose is to help teachers and students to develop their creative thinking, bring art to the people, increase one’s aesthetic knowledge, and generate more publicity for art exhibitions and activities with other school units.
Center for Service and Learning
The Center for Service and Learning involves students, faculty and staff in service-learning activities and projects. It has five basic principles: passion, creativity, profession, caring and learning. Through the hybridization of the professional practices, innovative research and resource integration, the Center continuously and systematically promote service and learning courses and projects. The phrases “learning by doing” and “personally taking part” are concepts that the school community should implement to achieve holistic education in Chung Yuan.
Center for Joint Service Administration
The purpose of establishing this Center is to set up a cross-unit integrated operation platform to provide One Stop student services in order to improve the performance of administrative services and administrative satisfaction. In the future, One Stop service will be located in the Joint Administrative Services Building. Different databases and units will be connected through system integration and operation process. One Stop student services can help students to take care of a range of school-related business, all under one roof.