Office of the Secretariat
The office of the Secretary is the general management arm of the University and provides the President the principal support and coordinates each department’s development and affairs. The office plays an important role in:
- performing public relations duties to build good images of the University; updating school development and humanities databases;
- enhancing knowledge management, division of labor and specialization; expending a number of programs and services at home and abroad to achieve holistic education;
- using a database to preserve historical data and regulate documents of record.
The main mission of the office is to hold the principle of holistic education, play a key role in communication and coordination, and be fully aware of secretarial duties. The future objectives are categorized as follows.
- General Affairs: (1) to delegate the authorities to the right level of officials; (2) to complete admission rationalization; (3) to provide more economic and efficient administrative services.
- Meetings: (1) to implement the monitoring and controlling systems; (2) to prefect regulations of the University.
- Public Relations: (1) to build a positive and an unique image of Chung Yuan Christian University; (2) to establish clear communication channels between the school and communities; (3) to enhance crisis management mechanism of the school.
The office of the Secretary consists of Audit Team, Center for Public Affairs, Center for School Improvement, Center of Arts, Center for Service and Learning, and Center for Joint Service Administration. A brief introduction to each unit/center is presented below.
Internal Auditing Division
The Internal Auditing Division carries out services for Board of Regents and internal controls, and performs Internal Audits. The Internal Auditing Division performs personnel, financial and compliance audits according to internal controls and internal audit implementation plans approved by the President. Common elements of an audit engagement include procedure, control point, forms, meeting minutes, measures, results of external audit/evaluation and trace of their improvement, major project auditing, etc.
Center of Arts
The aims of the Center are:
1. to promote aesthetic education (i.e. to bring arts into our lives); to put holistic education into practice;
2. to develop art exhibitions and activities; to improve teachers’ and students’ humanistic quality;
3. to increase community art promotion; to integrate local cultural resources. The objectives are to (1) establish communication and dialogue between the university campus and art circles, (2) introduce professional exhibitions to the campus, (3) plan international arts festival, and (4) offer significant educational and diverse cultural opportunities -- where dialogue, the exchange of cultural and artistic ideas are encouraged. The purpose is to help teachers and students to develop their creative thinking, bring art to the people, increase one’s aesthetic knowledge, and generate more publicity for art exhibitions and activities with other school units.
The Elite Study in Taiwan (ESIT) Project Office
The Elite Study in Taiwan (ESIT) Project Office is authorized by the Ministry of Education to provide services and create opportunities for higher education collaboration between Taiwan and the greater international community. The ESIT Project Office acts as a platform for academic exchange and coordinate services for international talent mobility and development. One of the tasks of the ESIT Project Office is to serve as a bridge for international students who wish to benefit from the quality of the higher education system in Taiwan.