IUBM(International Undergraduate Program in Business and Management)
College of Business - >IUBM(International Undergraduate Program in Business and Management)website Link
The International Undergraduate Program in Business and Management (IUBM) is part of the academic offerings of the College of Business (COB), Chung Yuan Christian University (CYCU). The Program is one of the three all-English international programs in the COB, and is the younger sibling of the International Master of Business Administration (IMBA Program) Program, and the Doctor of Philosophy in Business (Ph.D Program in Business).
The IUBM Program's mission is to educate international Business and Management students to become academically-excellent, globally-competitive, and ethically-responsible business leaders. Our duty is to produce undergraduates that will create socially-responsible businesses, and improve the management of existing organizations to help raise standards of living.
The IUBM aims to:
- integrate CYCU's educational philosophy, by nurturing its undergraduate students' well-rounded personas, and instilling in them the importance of character growth, team work, and innovative ideas;
- provide a systemized learning model, which allows undergraduate students to explore courses based on their interests by utilizing a four-area curriculum: Business Administration, International Business and Trade, Finance and Accounting, and Information Management;
- promote an ethical and a socially inclusive mindset, by encouraging students to take courses related to ethics and service learning to develop their multidisciplinary professional abilities; and
- challenge students to address real-world dilemmas, by implementing Problem-Based Learning (PBL) methods, which contribute to higher-order thinking and encourage hands-on participation.
The IUBM Program aims to recruit qualified students from neighboring ASEAN countries, and will expand to other Asian countries. The program also plans to provide internships in the future in coordination with different international companies in Taiwan.
CURRICULA & CREDITS
|Courses Required by the Program (English Training courses)||Must equal||10|
|Basic General Education Courses Required by University||Must equal||4|
|Courses Required by the Program||Must equal||21|
|Elective Courses by the Program (including professional elective courses)||At leastl||63|
|Advanced General Education Elective Courses by University||At most||16|
The IUBM is supported by the COB's 90 full-time faculty members, 95% of which have doctoral degrees. The five departments (i.e., Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, International Business, and Information Management) of the COB supports the IUBM to provide interdisciplinary courses.
- Department of Business Administration Website： https://www.cycu.edu.tw/eng/Business_Admin.html
- Department of International Business Website： http://www.ib.cycu.edu.tw/en/about-1.php
- Department of Accounting Website： http://www.ac.cycu.edu.tw/index_en.html
- Department of Information Management Website： https://www.cycu.edu.tw/eng/Manage_Info.html
- Department of Finance Website： https://www.cycu.edu.tw/eng/Finance.html