College of Business - Financewebsite Link
Our Key Abilities : match the Target of Abilities of Chung Yuan Christian University
Illustration about Our Key capability indicators
- To enhance professional skills of financial field: Our courses are further divided into four modules for students to plan their future career. In addition, we also provide various simulated exams for financial certification to help student more understand financial knowledge and ability so as to strengthen their career competence.
- To practice financial information enrichment: We provide the digital learning environment of “Digital e-Learning Center” for some courses, such as Financial database practices, Applications in financial software, Financial quantitative analysis, Intelligent decision making system of investment…etc.
- To strengthen the training of professional English: As Global-village’s Age coming, we can receive more information about financial market. How to strengthen student’s English ability is the key point to determine whether they could chase the global opportunities for commercial potential and occupation. Based these reasons, we provide courses such as Professional financial English and other English-oral lecture. We also put the international point of view in class, to foster students in international viewpoint and bilingual ability.
- To emphasize the indispensability of teamwork to solve finance-related events: According to complicated and highly changeable financial events, the teamwork spirit, with the ability of communication and coordination is necessary for students to solve financial problems. We therefore put these ideas into our courses by applications of group reports, and presentation and so on, to inform our students about the importance of teamwork coordination.
- To pursue business ethics and social responsibility by completing holistic education: Holistic education is the most important point of view for Chung Yuan Christian University. The financial crisis and corruption scandals both are recently reflected in the facts that we should more focus on the spirit of characters and business ethics than professional knowledge. Therefore, our courses provide additional contents regarding the ethics and character. A notable example is the required course of “Business ethics” provided by College of Business to tell students how to learn more about ethics education besides professional education.
We makes efforts in five objectives, including
Finance plays an important role in present society. Students of the Department of Finance will have a broad professional career after graduation.
There are two ways that students might interest:
- Entering a higher degree program:
College of Business has five full-time graduate programs, continuing education programs of graduate schools and doctorate in business program. Students can read up related degree of master and doctor after graduation.
Students can study in overseas or domestic graduate schools, including:
- Graduate Institute of Finance.
- Graduate Institute of Business Administration.
- Graduate Institute of International Trade.
- Graduate Institute of Economics.
- Graduate Institute of Accounting Information.
- Graduate Institute of Public Finance.
- Practical development:
The future occupations are available in the fields of banking, finance and accounting, including financial holding companies, banks, insurance co., securities co., investment consulting firms, joint ventures co., real estate co., and futures co.,…etc. Other occupations are also available in financial management and consulting offered by business, manufactory, government financial institution, and financial consulting company.
Thus, our department aimed at the view of the above-mentioned situations, and undertook
- To cultivate financial senior managers.
- To nurture innovated professional of financial investment and analysis.
- To improve management skills of professional in financial institutions.
- To enhance human capital of senior officers of financial holding companies.
The Department of Finance offers a four-year program leading to the Bachelor degree of Finance. The minimum credits upon graduation are 128, including 90 required credits and 38 elective credits. And the required grade of at least 60 for all courses, in order to be eligible for graduation. The four modules are as follow: Star mark: required course